Reporting to the Head of People – the Payroll Manager will be our expert in all matters relating to payroll including financial reporting and plays an integral part within the People team.
An experienced person to take immediate and sole
control of all payroll elements including labour reporting for a weekly and
monthly 700+ payroll. Fantastic opportunity to take and manage a new direction
for payroll delivery, systems management, compliance, and financial labour reporting
in the business. It is critical to have proven experience of managing high
volume, and understanding complex payroll situations, including payrolls of
permanent and seasonal/weekly and monthly paid staff.
You will be completely immersed and responsible for the entirety of payroll from collation of data (from TMS and Excel timesheets) to inputting, reconciling, checking, running and uploading payments and compliance reporting. You will build, maintain and adjust payroll controls – ensuring compliance and control, identifying key areas of risk where they may arise and responsible for payroll guidelines, policies and procedures.
Our people are our most valued aspect of PDM and we
care deeply about them. PDM is built on
trust, honesty and integrity. The Payroll Manager is regarded as a critical
role within the business so it is mandatory that they emulate these values and ensure
our colleagues are paid accurately, on time and treated with the utmost
respect, confidentiality and empathy resolving payroll discrepancies quickly. You will be thoroughly experienced and
extremely competent in understanding, ensuring and delivering RTI, all
legislative, regulative, GDPR and pension compliance and reporting. It is imperative to take responsibility for
these compliances on behalf of our people and the company. It’s a requirement
to ensure compliance knowledge remains up to date.
You will work well under-pressure and to tight
deadlines. You will integrate well into
the PDM family, although you will be in the “People” team, you will be working
closely with the finance, farming and production teams.
The nature of the business deems it critical to understand
real time labour costs, you will disseminate wage information and deliver this
data and reporting for the SMT.
As payrolls must be completed to strict deadlines, there may require longer working days at the start of the week.
- Prepare weekly and monthly payrolls, collating various hours, bonus payments, excel and T&A timesheets, checking variances and importing into payroll systems.
- Ensure that all payroll deadlines are met including tax year end procedures.
- Ensure any new payroll legislation and requirements are adhered to including reporting requirements e.g. gender pay gap.
- Manage the auto enrollment process and submissions of pension files.
- Drive process standardisation, automation and improve controls to ensure process effectiveness and efficiencies – creating appropriate policies and procedures to control.
- Prompt response and answer of queries from employees and managers, advising and giving guidance to HR staff and managers on all areas of pay, tax and pensions.
- Ensure that the monthly management accounts include accurate payroll expenditure information and that variances are explained.
- Audit support – Accountants, SEDEX, OFSTED
- Assist in the preparation of the annual staffing budget
- Check, reconcile and liaise with the Financial Controller for posting of weekly and monthly payroll journals to the finance system. All reports, journals, cost coding, nominal codes, record keeping are accurate and timely.
- For our small international payroll act as the key payroll contact, in liaising with the third-party outsourced company to ensure all relevant information is produced.
- Deliver inhouse payroll focused training across the organisation to ensure understanding of key employee issues e.g. SSP, maternity/ paternity leave and pensions
- Manage Apprenticeship Levy and all associated payments and cost control
- Be involved at the beginning of implementation of new business software system
- Any ad hoc duties in line with the job role and department, to support during periods of absence or increased workloads/projects.
Skills and Attributes
- CIPP qualified, or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- Significant experience managing multiple weekly and monthly payrolls, knowledge of payroll systems, Inland Revenue legislation, Pension Scheme regulations relating to pay, all other regulatory compliance.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven problem solver, proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
- SAGE payroll and advantage.
- IT Proficiency, Advanced Microsoft Excel essential.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines – unphased by tight deadlines
- Thrive on data – processing, systems, management, analysis, reconciliations and controls.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Fulltime Position- Working Monday to Friday 8.00am -5.00pm less a 1 hour break.
Please provide a covering letter with your CV.
NO AGENCIES, thank you.